rayman.xyz - Josh Rayman
(2017 - Present) Visual Journalism Developer
- Developer for a newly created World Service Visual Journalism team, building mobile-first interactive content for BBC News websites in the Near East region.
- BDD Principles (Gherkin and Cucumber)
- AWS Big Data (Hadoop, R, Tableau)
(2016 - 2017) Software Developer - Front End
- Front end/d3.js developer for fintech project management platform.
- Responsible for producing visualisations and maintaining/expanding the AngularJS front end.
(2014 - 2016) Software Developer - Front End
- Front end lead for SaaS business intelligence platform, importing accounting data to produce responsive/mobile-ready dashboards using dc.js.
- As second developer hired, I saw the full lifecycle of the application from early designs through to delivery to the first beta companies.
- Created initial prototypes that were successfully used to secure funding.
- Developed a node.js based solution for interactive data aggregation and charting.
PPC - The Video Game
(June 2015) Weekend Project - Developer
- Collaboration with political blogger James Galley, short console-based text-adventure game following the path of a parliamentary candidate campaigning for an election.
Formant - Dynamic Video Game Music
(2011 - 2014) MMus Research Project - Developer/Composer
- Research project on interactive video game music, created a portfolio writing software to compose music in real time.
- Joined interfaces with video games 'CounterStrike: Source', '0.A.D' and 'Kart Racing Pro', to transmit data to music program 'Pure Data'.